If you are thinking about putting up a wall paper mural in your room, you might have wondered how you should choose one for yourself. For someone who is choosing a mural for the first time, the variety, color and texture can be somewhat daunting.
There are so many patterns and designs to choose from one is bound to feel over whelmed. Using the right wall paper mural can completely alter the way a place looks in fact there are many home owners who have invested in classy wall papers. It’s also an economical investment. Instead of having to spend thousands of dollars on the interior of the place just choose a mural wall paper. Make sure that it complements the current decor in the room and you are good to go.
The following are some tips which would help you choose a mural:
- Get some inspiration. Choosing a design can be difficult. However, if there is something which appeals to your sense of style, you should go for it, if you are inspired from nature choose a mural which depicts nature in all its glory. On the other hand if you like simple and classic looks choose minimalistic design. If you are decorating a child’s room you would prefer using brightly colored designs.
- Make sure you take a look at the samples. What you may be seeing on paper isn’t going to look like that in actual. That is why be on the lookout for a company which sends in sample of the large scale murals. This would help you get an idea of how it’s going to look on the walls and get a feel of the texture as well.
- Keep in mind that the color scheme that you choose should be in keeping with the decor in your home. This would actually complement things instead of clashing or standing out like a sore thumb. Even if you are looking for something which is bold, it should add least add something to the place instead of take away from it. The mural is supposed to be the focal point of the room but it should work with the current paint and furniture.
- Go for wall paper which is easy to remove. It is mess free and pretty simple to install and take off as well. This allows you to keep changing the interior as often as you like or when the mural starts looking faded.
- There’s a misconception that murals are for very large rooms but there are murals which are specifically designed for small rooms as well. It is better to go with light color and smaller prints. Using dark colors would make the room look smaller and claustrophobic. Instead a light design would enhance the look of the room.
When purchasing wall murals make sure you buy these from a well-known dealer. They are bound to sell you quality products which would last longer and have a better visual appeal.
Can you order mural wallpaper online? Definitely! Just make sure you properly measure the walls that you are going to decorate, and buy some extra length to.