Thinking of getting your house painted? Wondering which painting contractor in Melbourne should you hire? Getting a house painted requires finesse and precision. You need to hire someone who knows their job well and can complete the work in a set time period. If you are about to move to a new home you could do with a few days waiting for the painting to be completed. However, if you are already residing in the house you need painted you might want the contractor to finish their job as soon as possible. This is why it’s important to use a trustworthy Melbourne house painting services company.
A fresh coat of paint can improve the aesthetics of your home. In order to hire the house painter’s, make sure to keep the following things in mind.
- Get an estimate. The cost of the painting would depend on how big your house or apartment is whether you want to get the exterior of your home painted as well. Getting an estimate in writing is the first step which would help you choose a painter who works within your budget. Get a quote from at least two or three people.
- Get the necessary references. The painter would be working in your home. You need to make sure the person you are hiring should be insured and carry a license. You can take a look at the portfolio but keep in mind that pictures don’t depict a paint job done with skill. For that you need to take a look at reviews and see what people have to say about a particular painter’s skill and ability.
- Be specific about what you are expecting. Did you ask for a faux paint job? Make sure you let them know what kind of finish you are looking for. If possible come up with pictures to help the painter get an idea of what you are looking for. Ask for specifications regarding the number of coats which would be required to paint a particular area. For outdoors the painter would use paints with a different finish. Make sure you are clear about what and how paint are being used. This is a simple way to avoid confusion.
- Ask the painters if they would manage damage control. This is because paint can be a messy job and they should make use of drop cloths which would protect the landscaping.
- Also get to know the payment method which is expected. You would have to make a down payment of some start at the start of the job. This would help the painters get all the materials required for painting your home. You could be expected to pay in instalments. Chalk out a payment method which works for both you and your contractor.
- Beware if you find the painters charging you less than what you anticipated. This could mean a certain compromise in the quality of the paint being used.